Data Protection Act – Lincolnshire Artists’ Society
This policy applies if you are a Society supporter or member, a volunteer or visit our website, email, call or write to us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
You have a number of rights regarding your data, including the following:-
- You have the right to ask us, in writing, for a copy of all the personal data held about you. A copy will be sent to you as soon as possible and this will be no later than one month after your request.
- You have the right to require us to correct the personal data we hold on you if it is inaccurate.
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data.
- You have the right to request that we restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time).
- You have the right to receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of transmitting that personal data to another data controller.
- You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
We do not store non-member personal data on this website or any other method. If you contact the Society, emails and addresses will not be passed on or used in any way other than to reply to your enquiry.
This website does not have a payment facility. Any art sales are solely the responsibility of each Artist and are not handled in any way by the Society.
Society Members, Friends and Patrons:
List of Members: The website has names and images of members’ work. Members may have this removed if they wish.
Featured Artists: any listed website and email address is at the request of the Artist and can be removed if wished.
Artists’ Studios: any listed email addresses are at the request of the Artist and can be removed if wished.
The Society has a Membership Spreadsheet for administration purposes. This also comes under the Data Protection Act and we need to let you know your rights….
‘The Lincolnshire Artists’ Society keeps and maintains a record of your personal data i.e. name, address, phone number and email address on a secure Membership spreadsheet. The data is used solely for internal administration purposes and is not divulged to a third party. Under the Data Protection Act you are entitled to know exactly what personal information is held. Should you wish to know, please contact the Society’s Membership Secretary requesting a copy of your data.
In order to keep you informed of the Society’s activities, Exhibitions and any other issues which may affect you, it is essential your information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, should your personal circumstances change, please inform the Membership Secretary promptly.’
Lincolnshire Artists’ Society – 2023
Beauty, discovery, serendipity, signs that something’s happened; all these things are important to me. I like my pictures to ask questions of the viewer, as they do of me.